To simplify the process of creating the CHA_MOD folder with the games you want to play in the CHA there is a Game Manager.
Beware that it's still in beta testing, so don't be surprised if there are some... "unwanted features".
Download it from here.
If you run the program without adding your assets and roms, this is what you'll see:
Here's what you need:
- Copy your roms to the folder "roms" inside "CHAGM 0.9beta" folder. Don't forget to put non arcade roms in correspondent sub folder, like "megadriv".
- Copy your icons (*.png) files to the folder "pngs" inside "CHAGM 0.9beta" folder. Don't forget to put non arcade games icons in correspondent sub folder, like "megadriv".
- Optionally you can put music background *.ogg inside the folder "ogg". Use sub folders logic to non arcade games.
- Optionally you can also put buttons configuration *.png inside the folder "options" and "options > large". Use sub folders logic to non arcade games.
Using the program to make your list of games to place in USB pen drive should be self explanatory.
- There are some nice filters, on top of the "PC games list", and you can select multiple games pressing "control key" or "shift" while clicking, similar to the way other programs work.
- If you have some *.ogg you can unselect the "No sound" option and listen to selected games background music.
- You can download the latest available fbneo libretro core (renamed to "fba_libretro.so" because that's what the original system uses) in "CHA Tools" and copy it along the roms selected with the option "include fba_libretro.so" located at the bottom of the "New CHA list".
- If you are already using the USB hack you can connect to the CHA through FTP and transfer the games to the pen drive while running on the CHA.
If you don't hear any music in the CHA while selecting games in the carousel, check in settings if you have "Remix" selected.
Just remember that this is still a beta version.
If you find any problems you can contact the team and report. If it gets fixed or not, that's another story. :)